The National Center for Response to Intervention (NCRTI)
American Institutes for Research and researchers from Vanderbilt University and the University of Kansas through funding from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) have established the National Center on response to intervention. The Center’s mission is to provide technical assistance to states and districts and building the capacity of states to assist districts in implementing proven models for RTI/EIS. We have organized the Center’s work into four service areas:
* Knowledge production activities that include a rigorous technical review to determine which tools, practices, and implementation strategies are deemed scientifically valid
* Expert trainings and follow-up activities (both face-to-face and at a distance) to drive implementation supports for RTI/EIS on a broad scale;
* A rigorous Center evaluation, with formative assessments to help improve the delivery of our services in states and districts across the country.
Florida Center for Research in Reading-
This website has a vast amount of information for all education professionals. The listed page has a link to actual workbook activities for addressing all areas of reading. Scroll down and click in any area to download to your computer.
The IRIS Center at Vanderbilt
This website is a fabulous place to find how to to teach almost anything related to reading. It has materials, how to sheets and even video that show you how to do it. The modules on Response to Intervention (RTI) are particular well developed with guidance presentations from leading researchers in the field. It includes resources for preschool through high school.
This is an excellent website for resources and professional development webminars in teaching reading. Their partner website for ELL is just as excellent (see below). My favorite part are the webminars and teaching materials. See them from the comfort of your desk.
Colorín Colorado (www.ColorinColorado.org) is a bilingual web site that provides information, activities, and advice on
helping children learn to read and succeed at school. Developed by the Reading Rockets project, Colorín Colorado features practical information for Spanish-speaking parents, beautiful illustrations from Caldecott Award-winning
illustrator David Diaz, video clips of celebrities such as the late beloved Celia Cruz, and skill-building activities that draw upon Spanish-language songs and rhymes
The Urban Special Education Collaborative The Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative is a network of special and general education leaders working together to improve outcomes for students with disabilities in the nation’s urban schools. The Collaborative provides opportunities for these professionals to:
* Network with other special and general education leaders from urban school districts across the country
* Participate in leadership, management, and systems change training opportunities
* Learn about the latest developments in educational policy, research, and practice related to students with disabilities and other diverse learners
* Identify barriers and potential solutions to organizational and programmatic challenges
* Share research, information, and ideas on “what works and why” in urban school districts
* Obtain personalized technical assistance and customized on-site training and consultation
The Inclusive Schools Network (ISN) is a web-based resource for families, schools and communities that promotes inclusive educational practices. ISN’s mission is “to encourage, embolden and empower people to design and implement effective inclusive schools, by sharing insights and best practices and by providing opportunities for connection.” ISN provides year-round opportunities for families and educators around the world to network and build their knowledge of inclusive education.
IMPACT Newsletter -English Language Leaners with Disabilities IMPACT Newsletter -article on all areas of disabilities and education movements that support this population
If you would like your website reviewed for possible addition to this list please contact me.